Photo of the Moment...

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Surf's Up!

We woke up sunday morning and my wife turned on the TV which she rarely does. After I made my coffee, I sat down and started watching "Riding Giants". A surfing movie. I was pretty much sucked in immediately. I even checked the "info" to see how much of the movie was left because I knew I was gonna be "stuck" watching the rest.
What a cool culture, cool personalities these guys have. Sort of carefree, they take a different approach to things. They do things most people will never do. (Kind of reminds me of another post I have in editing stage if I ever finish the tag-a-long pictures to go with.)
So I remembered I took a few pictures from the cruise we went on in January of '09. The ship had a wave machine and people were catching these "gnarly" waves and "riding the pipe". Well, not so much but I'm pretty "stoked" right now from watching the movie. Leave me alone!



1 comment:

  1. I love the story telling here.
    We don't see the faces, but through this set, we can almost feel the thrill and exhaustion of our 'hero', from catching the wave, till his fall.
    Nicely done!

    Can't believe I forgot to add you RSS to my list.

    ReplyDelete