Photo of the Moment...

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photowalk

I've participated in photowalks before. This was different! This was arranged by the great Scott Kelby (and Jim Frazier)(grin). This was WORLDWIDE! People from all over the globe, Australia, Brazil, France, Canada... you get the point. I was in Geneva, IL. Photographers all over the world taking pictures at the same time(ish).  There were a total of around 33 people. Here's a group photo.  It reminded me of "Hands Across America" which I was in Elmwood Park, IL on Grand Avenue.  It just feels good to be part of something, a community, even a community within a community, I went with my West Suburban Chicago Flickrers (WSCF) group. The biggest meet-up by far.

When I go on photowalks it's more for the camaraderie. To be social, to share with like-minded individuals. Taking pictures is not a top priority. Now, when I go on my own personal photowalks, it's a different story. I take my time. I wake up early. It could be hours upon hours. I could take hours within a 5 foot radius. You never know. As long as I come home with at least ONE good great picture Im happy. Obviously I want more but im happy with one and greatly pissed disappointed with none.

Anyway... I hope you enjoy the pictures. Let me know what you think. I have to post 2 of my favorites to the photowlk website. It would be terrific if I were to win a prize!

View the slideshow! Go full screen! After clicking play, then click on the icon at the bottom right.


1 comment:

  1. Hey aldo! The pictures look great. You are so talented. I am happy to be able to see how much you have progressed since you started. I can't wait to see more :)

    <3 Denise

    ReplyDelete