Photo of the Moment...

Monday, June 29, 2009

There they were...

During my lunch break today I sat and watched "the three free months of Showtime" Directv gave the company for being a loyal customer. I flipped on an older movie with Demi Moore, pre-Ashton im sure. They showed an aerial view of NYC and there they were. On the same televison set I saw it happen. The twin towers were right there. The vision of the those planes crashing into them. My boss telling me to get back to work, my wife calling me on a phone she couldn't quite figure out how to dial on. Holding back the urge to rush over and interrupt her classroom that just so happens to sit, only 1/2 mile east of the airport, directly under a flight path. All the while my coworker is at the hospital expecting his, now 8 year old, daughter.

I could go on... But I don't have to.

Btw, the movie was "Passion of Mind" from 2000. It's about a woman with split personas, split lives. Does that 11th day in September make you feel that way too sometime?

No comments:

Post a Comment