Photo of the Moment...

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sunrise Out the South Window


It's one of my favorite times of the day. The morning. The first thing I do every morning, beside look and see what time it is... is look out my window. It's not the best view by any means but it tells me what the day is going to be like. I look out the east window, then the south window. Both long horizontal windows and both on my tippy toes. I live in a dense suburban area so I mostly see the neighbors house and their backyard out the south window and my, on the bigger side, backyard. Sometimes I run and get my camera. This morning was one of those times. The neighbors yard has a an old gray shed with a couple trees behind it from his south neighbor which tends to frame things nicely with its lean to the left. One of my favorite scenes is a well lit landscape with a dark dark sky. Its makes me want to throw a BIG background behind everything. Well this morning was one of those times. I ran downstair and grabbed the 5dmk2 and slapped on the new 50mm 1.4. Why that lens? I wanna test it out some more plus anything wide would have show the house and other eyesores. (so far great btw, should have bought it years ago) I wanted to jump into my car and drive somewhere but by the last shutter the blue skies started peaking thru. This type of scene makes me think of an exotic location with big views, something like New Zealand, not that I've been there... One day? Probably not! Just keepin' it real yo! I love the, almost, horizontal fallings of the shadows, the very well lit, unboring, almost orange, main light. If the drama this sky creates makes me jump up, I couldnt imagine what I would feel with a real landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment